In using Avinet’s website, products and services, for the purposes of the applicable data protection laws:
- In respect of the personal data of customers of Air Maestro and the services and business contacts and prospects of Avinet, the Data Controller is Avinet Pty Ltd.
- Where Avinet processes personal data of users on behalf of the customer as part of the services, Avinet is a Data Processor in performing such processing and the customer is the Data Controlled.
- In respect of some processing of users’ personal data, Avinet may act as a Data Controller, for example, where users have engaged with Avinet’s website, products or services beyond those relating to the customer. For example, users following Avinet on social media, signing up for newsletters and contacting Avinet regarding feedback or suggesting product improvements.
What information we collect about you
When you visit our website, use our products or services, we collect personal data. The data we collect and process can be categorised into the following:
- Data provided to us directly: When you visit or use some parts of our website and/or products we might ask you to provide personal data to us. For example, we ask for your contact information when you request a brochure or pricing information, join us on social media, subscribe to our newsletter or sign up for a training event.
- Data collected automatically: We collect some data about you automatically when you visit or use some parts of our website and/or products, like your IP address, browser, referral page and device type. To improve our website, products and services, we also collect information relating to pages you navigate and links you click.
- Data obtained from Third Parties: Most of the personal data we collect is provided directly from you. Sometimes we may collect personal data about you from other sources, such as publicly available materials or trusted third parties. We may use this information for marketing and communication purposes to notify you of relevant product developments.
If you’re someone who doesn’t have a relationship with us, but believe that an Air Maestro subscriber has entered your personal data into our website or products, you’ll need to contact that Air Maestro subscriber for any questions you have about your personal data (including where you want to access, correct, amend, or request that the user delete, your personal data).
How we use information we collect
Our primary purpose of collecting your personal information, is to provide you with the requested services and to manage our relationship with you.
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To communicate with you about upcoming product and service enhancements, maintenance periods, events and company updates.
- To provide you with information for products and services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you (such as brochures, training material and webinar invitations).
- To request feedback from you regarding our products and services.
- To support you including assisting with the resolution of technical support issues or other issues relating to the website, products or services, whether by email, telephone, in-app support or otherwise.
- To enhance and develop our website, products and services, by tracking and monitoring your use to analyse error information, modules used and pages visited.
- To protect you by monitoring and preventing any fraudulent or malicious activity on our website or products.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- an actual or prospective buyer in connection with an actual or proposed purchase, merger or acquisition of any part of our business.
- if we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data to comply with any legal obligations or to enforce or apply our website terms and conditions and other agreements. We will endeavour to minimise such disclosure to only that reasonably necessary and where possible and appropriate, we will notify you of this type of disclosure.
- who enable us to provide our products and services. For example, we may need to provide information to third parties who provide technical infrastructure services, to effectively deliver our website and products. Furthermore, we may share your data with third party tools utilised by us to deliver marketing and communication material in relation to our products and services.
- where we have your written consent.
Personal Data Storage
Security is a priority for us when it comes to your personal data. We are committed to protecting your personal data by enforcing security measures to prevent personal data from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorised way, for the duration of your use of our services. We strictly limit access to your personal data to those who support and deliver our products and services to you. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have implemented procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the website, therefore any transmission remains at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access.
Keeping your personal data up to date
If your personal details change, you may update them directly in our product or by contacting us (see Contact Us below). We will endeavour to update your personal data within thirty (30) days of any new or updated personal data being provided to us, to ensure that the personal data we hold about you is as accurate and up to date as possible.
Where we store your personal data
The data that we collect from you and process as a result of your use of the services may be transferred to and stored at a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your requests, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
In particular, your data maybe accessible to i) Avinet’s staff in Australia or ii) may be stored by Avinet’s hosting service provider on servers in Australia as well as in the European Union, United Kingdom or United States.
If you would like further information, please contact us (see Contact Us below).
How long we keep your personal data
We strive to keep our processing activities with respect to your personal data as limited as possible. We process and store your personal data as long as it is required to meet our contractual and statutory obligations. If your personal data is no longer required for the performance of the contractual or statutory obligations, the data will be deleted in accordance with our customer terms and conditions, unless further processing is necessary, for instance, for preserving particular evidence under the applicable Data Protection Laws and Regulations, or in the context of legal statutes of limitation.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
- fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your use personal information.
- access your personal data and certain other supplementary information that this policy is already designed to address.
- require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold.
- require the erasure of personal data concerning you in certain situations.
- receive the personal data concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations.
- object at any time to processing of personal data concerning you for direct marketing.
- object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you.
- object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal data.
- otherwise restrict our processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
- claim compensation for damages caused by our breach of any data protection laws.
- If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please contact us (see Contact Us below).
Third Party Websites
IP Addresses and Cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration, customer support and to collect aggregate information for internal reporting purposes.
The cookies we use are “analytical” cookies. Some of the common uses for our cookies are as follows:
- to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- to identify and authenticate a user across different pages of our website, within our own website, in a session or across different sessions. This is so that the user does not need to provide a password on every page the user visits.
- to be able to retrieve a user’s previously stored data, for example, information that the user previously submitted to the website, to facilitate reuse of this information by the user.
If you’re curious about what personal data we hold about you or you have questions or feedback on this policy, our website, products or services, please contact us. All queries should be directed to our Privacy Manager at [email protected]
When contacting us please provide us with:
- enough information to identify you.
- proof of your identity and address.
- the information to which your request relates.